Thursday, January 29, 2009

regarding french manicures

Photobucket
Everyone knows that a french manicure is what separates ladies from you-know-whats.
They are a brilliant evolutionary ruse to trick potential mates into thinking that your fingernails are glamorous and clean.
Photobucket

One time on the bus I saw a woman wearing sandals with a french pedicure, (bear with me) featuring tips painted a deep crimson instead of white, and I mean the color of dried blood. It was all I could do to maintain my sanity.

Someday I will be to french manicures what Louis Wain was to cats.
Photobucket
The last time I was at a beauty-supply store I perused the peroxide aisle singing this song I had just made up:

"french manicures are the most beautiful kind of manicure
until you get a french manicure
you are not a real woman"
Photobucket


I am publishing these lyrics under a creative commons license, which means you're allowed to use the song but you have to give me credit. If you don't, I get to come to your house and Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte, etc:



Bruce Dern = you
Meat Cleaver = my fists

You might think that my reluctance to damage an immaculate french manicure would deter me from pulverizing my enemies, but you would be wrong, friend.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way.

No can do the French pedicures, though. I see them and want to say, "Ha! Who do you think YOU'RE kidding, tramp?"