Thursday, January 22, 2009

more gorgeous means more horseradish

I'm trying to figure out what I want in the coming months in the most elemental fashion, so that it can be accepted by the simplest part of my brain. I once read that your subconscious can't assimilate negative statements as facts, so you have to tell your brain what you want in the most straightforward positive way possible. I wonder if that's true or if I was reading the Hippie Bullshit Your Relatives Forward You Digest. Anyway, what I'm thinking about is "more gorgeous", and for some reason my brain associates this phrase with horseradish-infused vodka, and I can't stop thinking about it.

Photobucket
I don't even like vodka. But I like this stuff. I went to a cafe in New York that makes their own, and the waiters are handsome.

I also like the fact that you can hallucinate dancing horses if you tape ping-pong balls over your eyes and listen to static on the radio. I wish I had known this when I was 13 or so.

I bought this giant skull mug on my lunch break today,
Photobucket
and told my coworker I was going to fill it with horseradish vodka, and then I was really going to tell everybody what's what. It was pretty funny because there's no amount of anything in the world that would motivate either of us to tell anyone what's what, because we're constitutionally opposed to things like that.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nathan Hazard said...

Wow! I missed that one too - but HAVE done the Incredible Shrinking Pain! And horseradish vodka sounds bellywarming.. I'll take a glass, Francois.
[security word: wanco]