Tuesday, March 11, 2008

nutty things on ebay I can't have

Photobucket
Someone is selling the "Queen Christina" set from the Movieland Wax Museum on ebay. For a dollar! Because, the thing is, you have to go to Irvine and pick it up yourself. I came sooooo close to getting it and organzing some last-minute trip down there because I need to have it for a number of reasons.
Photobucket
Except, not really. All I would really do with it is stand in it wearing a shawl and deliver Aimee Semple McPherson speeches to my cat about the perils of gin, more likely than not while drinking gin, and when you get right down to it I can do that anyway, without a fake fireplace to stand in. And...I probably will. For a long time I thought it was really important to have souvenirs of every goddamn thing in the world that meant anything to me because I thought it contained some sort of elemental energy of that thing, but then I just ended up with way too much stuff. Like....WAY too much stuff. And it's harder to get rid of than it is to say "no thanks, ghosts" in the first place. And it's not like I can sell the things. "Would you like this brown paper skeleton I found in my great-grandmother's bedroom after she died? It's 700 dollars".

When you take it out of the museum, it doesn't look so hot anway.
Photobucket
It needs some kind of Greta Garbo in it, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Ross said...

the problems with ghosts:

they're never as vivid "on paper" as they are in my brain.

well sometimes, and when these vivid objects are in my living space they serve as a reminder of how many ghosts there are, how cluttered this place is. and i get to thi nking about that, and maybe i start acquiring more ghosts, and the process continues.